Welcome!

Sunday, June 24, 2018
Welcome! My name is Amber and I am a 5th grade teacher in beautiful Idaho. As a teacher, I love to let my creative juices flow in order to create a fun and engaging environment for my students. In my classroom I work to teach my students to find the joy of learning, while building the necessary skills for success now and in the future. I like to teach students how to organize their school work, produce high quality work, and focus on having a growth mindset throughout their day.

In this blog I hope to create a space for teachers to find inspiration that enables them to enhance their lessons, classrooms, and lives. Teaching is hard work and adding a little color to our lives helps us get through the tough days and enjoy the amazing ones. As a third-year teacher, I know all too well the ups and downs of teaching as I continue to discover my personal teaching style. I found many teaching blogs (see my blog roll on the side!) to be a lifeline as I lesson planned, decorated my classroom, or worked to discover the perfect classroom management tool.

5 comments

  1. Welcome to the course Amber! Glad to have you blogging with us for the next seven weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog color choices and layout are great! Very eye catching and bright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amber,
    Hello! I love your layout and I am inspired to change mine to be more fitting of my personal style. It is great that you teach your students about the growth mindset. Do you have a specific lesson that you use at the beginning of the year to integrate this idea or do you just add it in throughout the year? Just curious. Thanks for sharing! I'm excited to read more from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some books at the beginning of the year, (they're listed in my Top 5 Back to School Read Aloud post) that I think spark the conversation. At my school, they've been hearing it for several years and are pretty familiar with it. Also, there is an activity that is great for introduction/reinforcement of it: http://www.teachinginroom6.com/2016/08/beginning-with-growth-mindset.html?utm_source=bloglovin.com&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+TeachingInRoom6+(Teaching+in+Room+6)

      Delete